These are seriously quick and seriously tasty. We didn’t use a lot of cheese, just enough to give it the right bite-feel on the whole wheat tortillas. We had a big green salad before these as well, because they’d be seriously easy to eat too many of! You could use any other veggies you wanted to throw on these, but they were great with just the diced green chilies. I admit, we did used canned chiles for these. If you’re a thinker-aheader and have your own chilies cooked or canned, even better!
Fresh Tomato Tostadas
Suggestion: Make one tortilla per person and serve with a green salad
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 3 organic roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 4 oz. can chopped mild green chilies, drained
- 6 oz freshly grated mild cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place tortillas flat on a large baking sheet. Arrange tomatoes over tortillas. Sprinkle with chilies and cheese.
- Bake until tortillas are lightly golden and crisp and cheese has melted, about 10 minutes. Alternatively, cook them on a nonstick griddle. Cut each tostada into wedges, and serve hot.
Sour cream, fresh tomatoes, corn, and avocado are all delicious as toppings when the tostadas are hot. They are also great cold when taken the next day for lunch. Trust me. Enjoy!